About half of our business is involved with sputtering or evaporation of metal and ceramic films for a variety of DoD customers and prime contractors. Most of this work is sensitive in nature. We have very good capabilities and expertise pertaining to sputter deposition of soft magnetic films and multilayers, rare earth lanthanides (i.e., Er, Pr, Nd) and deposition of very thick (even free-standing) films. Our skills in the bulk materials processing realm, particularly as related to HIP’ing, sintering and hot pressing, are an excellent complement to our sputtering activities in that we have in-house capabilities to manufacture our own high performance, custom composition sputtering targets.
- Oxidation Protection of Carbon-Carbon and the Refractory Metals
- Tailored Electromagnetic Materials
- Cryogenic Cooler (Rare Earth) Materials Development
- Laser & Directed Energy Weapon (DEW) Hardening of Composites
- Functionally Graded Coatings via Co-Sputtering
- Wear-Resistant Coatings